Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Cabin in the Woods - Movie Review

The Cabin in the Woods


Synopsis:
Five friends travel to a remote cabin in the woods for a holiday to become victims of a stereotypically horror slasher plot.

Review:
I did not see it coming. This film do look like a typical slasher horror movie but man, I'm telling you, this is more you've bargained for, and there's always even more to the unexpected turn out of events as the film climaxed. I tried to not make any review of this film the minute I finished watching it, even though it
completely blown my mind and kept me paranoid for a couple of hours with "what lurks in the darkness," fro I decided just to keep it to myself for a while and let other people discovered alone what is buried deep in the storyline. The Cabin in the Woods is scary as the same time comedic and intriguing. The fact that the kids are being watched (by the people in the secret laboratory under the cabin) and their fates are decided by an uncontrollable force they do not know makes me think of movies like "Battle Royale" but infused with horror and other scary stuff. This is the movie for horror fanatics who are tired of predictable storyline and standard horror narrative scenes. Better watch the movie without knowing nothing about it (like what I did). End point is it's very satisfying for me and this is one of my favorite movies in the genre. I'm torn apart by the high unpredictability and electrocuted by the messed up turn out of events. I mean, I already know what happens to every horror movies I've watched, really bad things happens, twisted scenarios and gooey stuffs, but not like this where all the demons and scary entities were all in the same movie, hungry and excited to torn apart unsuspected victims. I am not even sure what type of dub genre this movie will fall. I super enjoyed this movie and I've never really seen anything to compare it with. There are plenty unanswered questions but it's better to leave something for the imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment