Friday, May 10, 2013

Evil Dead 2013 - Movie Review

EVIL DEAD 2013 

Synopsis:
A group of friends meet at an old cabin at the woods for a getaway that will support Mia in her attempt to stay clean after having an overdosed that almost resulted in her death. Upon entering the cabin, they discovered a door to the cellar where they found hanging corpses of animals, a shot gun and a book. Eric then inspected the book and read a passage aloud despite of the warnings written in it. This then casts  a demon that haunts Mia and the beginning of their nightmare. 

REVIEW: 
Evil Dead 2013 is one of my anticipated horror movies this year. And I am loosing my patience waiting for the screening here in the Philippines, and when I heard that Ayala Malls will be showing this film I immediately went to Trinoma (alone) to have a glimpse of this gory masterpiece. Well, it's R-18 rating definitely suggests that this is not for kids. I think it's not also for the people with weak heart and weak stomach haha. 
With comparison to the 1981 original, there were some things that were not exactly presented the way as it was. This remake was the first in the Evil Dead Franchise that was not directed by Sam Raimi, but  in the end even with a different director, this remake was produced by the same brains in the original Evil Dead trilogy. So I did expect to see a lotta of gore but was surprised on how good the movie was staged. 
This movie is full of crazy stuff like self mutilation, graphic violence, disfigurement, tree rape, bloody death scenes, and literally it rained blood as the movie climaxed. 
I can say that this remake exceeded the original when it comes to presentation of scenes - which is the realistic gore unlike in  the 1981 original which is more laughable
because of the lots of goo produced by the cursed characters. The acting was also damn superb. There were various jumpy scenes and lots of disgusting  parts where I almost throw up half way the film. I definitely recommend this film to all the hardcore horror/gory films fanatics who want to experience a new level of freaking and disgusting stuff.
The only thing I sort of dislike about this film is the ending, I mean, yes it is really a different ending  compared to the original because it's the possessed girl who survived (and I don't expected this scenario for I thought when that Idiot (Erick) recited a verse from the book they are all doomed to die.) Anyway, this is a great gory movie. 





No comments:

Post a Comment